Providing Emergency Medical Equipment to Hospitals in Johor
or donate via
In July 2021, the COVID-19 situation in Malaysia has deteriorated dramatically, with new daily cases exceeding 10,000 for 13 consecutive days. The numbers have hit an all time high in August 2021.
Waqaf An-Nur is working across Johor to help upgrade emergency facilities, medical equipment, PPE, food, and volunteer services that will benefit 3 hospitals, 2 Covid-19 Quarantine and Treatment Centers (PKRC), 1 Covid Assessment Center (CAC) and 113 Vaccination Center (PPV) locations which are staffed by 810 frontline personnel and volunteers and which accommodates 5,400 Covid-19 patients a day.
This campaign aims to help quarantine centres and a major hospital in Johor that has 350 personnel and treats over 200+ Covid-19 patients at a given time. With the increasing number of patients coming in daily, the hospital needs to expand the facilities to be able to cater and save the lives of the new incoming patients.
The hospital needs funding assistance to upgrade:
1. The Emergency and Trauma Department’s medical gas system that connects the oxygen and channels it to the critically ill patients in the decontamination room.
2. Need a barrier near the front counter lobby as it is very vulnerable to the presence of patient movement.
3. Overcrowding due to the increase in Covid numbers has led to many people waiting outside the hospital premises, with many having to lay on the floor or sit on the ground. The hospital requests to have additional beds, lazy chairs, and oximeters to address this situation and help the incoming patients.
Cost of upgrading the needed facilities at the Emergency and Trauma Department at the hospital:
– Preliminary cost estimates for mechanical work: RM17,350
– Civil and mechanical fee: RM33,600
– Cost of lazy chair (RM200 X 20 units) = RM4,000
-Hospital Bed (RM800 × 20 units) = RM16,000
2. Oximeter (RM100 x 30 units) = RM3,000
Total Cost = RM74,950
Our front-liners need your help and support. Make a donation today to help our hospitals right now. Start with just RM10. Together, we can make a positive difference in the lives of fellow Malaysians today.
The Messenger of Allah said: “Whoever relieves a Muslim of a burden from the burdens of the world, Allah will relieve him of a burden from the burdens on the Day of Judgement. And whoever helps ease a difficulty in the world, Allah will grant him ease from a difficulty in the world and in the Hereafter. And whoever covers (the faults of) a Muslim, Allah will cover (his faults) for him in the world and the Hereafter. And Allah is engaged in helping the worshipper as long as the worshipper is engaged in helping his brother.” [Tirmidhi]
6 Oxygen Cylinders were successfully delivered as part of the first batch of aid to the hospital.
20 units of Oximeter were delivered to PKRC Pasir Gudang
On request, office amenities were delivered to PKRC Pasir Gudang to aid with the large number of patients. This includes:
– 4 in 1 Printer
– Heavy Duty Shredder
– Rechargeable Battery Sets
Waqaf An-Nur Corporation Berhad (Waqaf An-Nur) is established to manage the assets and shares of companies in the endowed JCorp Group. It is an entity recognized by the Johor Islamic Religious Council as a recipient, manager and administrator of waqf. They aim to develop waqf institutions professionally by using innovative approaches, building businesses and managing strategic asset resources productively as well as prospering the well-being of future generations through the benefits of waqf.