10+ Countries: The Ultimate Global Ramadan Food Drive
We’re tripling your donations. For every amount we receive as a donation, an anonymous foundation has agreed to match and top up the campaign with double the amount. So if you donate 10$, the anonymous foundation will donate an extra 20$ to make your donation 30$! Donate now and triple your donations!
Yayasan al-Tarmidhi has been heavily involved in Ramadan programs since 2012. They have provided iftar and food boxes to thousands of families across the globe. Just last Ramadan, they were able to feed 5,000 families. Taking into account the distress caused by the Covid-19 pandemic, the Yayasan al-Tarmidhi team has increased the scope of their program to reach out to more countries. This year, the beneficiaries include:
– Spain: The total number of Muslims community is estimated at 4.45% of the total population in Spain. Yayasan al-Tarmidhi has been helping on the ground since 2012 through Fundacion Mezquita de Seville and Granada Mosque. This years beneficiaries include 60 families.
– Yemen: Yemen remains the largest humanitarian crisis in the world where they have been into six years of an armed conflict that has killed over 18,400 civilians. Yemen is experiencing the world’s worst food security crisis with 20.1 million people. The food drive will be Aden, Sanaa, Taiz and Hodaida. This years beneficiaries include 160 families.
– Sri Lanka: Food boxes will be distributed to the poor and needy under the supervision of the Centre for Islamic Studies. This years beneficiaries include 50 families.
– Philippines: There are about 10.7 million Muslims, or approximately 11% of the total population. Most of them live in the South. This years beneficiaries include 60 families.
– Cambodia: Islam is the religion of a majority of the Cham and Malay minorities in Cambodia. Through Yayasan al-Tarmidhi’s close relationship with the Mufti of Cambodia they will be able to distribute the funds directly on the ground. This years beneficiaries include 100 families.
– Thailand: Only 4.9% of the population in Thailand is Muslim. The targeted areas for food distribution in Southern Thailand are Yala, Pattani, Saturn & Narathiwat. This years beneficiaries include 60 families.
– Pakistan: Yayasan al-Tarmidhi has been contributing for Ramadan to Pakistan since 2000. The foundation has even set up a vocational school Battagram. The funds will be used for Iftar at the school and also the surrounding areas. This years beneficiaries include 100 families.
– Myanmar: Around 800,000 Muslim Rohingya live in Burma with around 80% living in the western state of Rakhine. The Muslim population faces religious persecution in Myanmar. The food boxes will be a major source fo relief for them.
– Senegal and South Africa: The foundation aims to feed 50 to 100 families in each country under the supervision of Jumua Mosque of Cape Town.
– India: This years beneficiaries include 60 families.
Each food box lasts a family for approximately a month and costs MYR 500 (USD 122 or SGD 162). This is a unique opportunity for our donors to be able to spread their donations across 10+ different countries this Ramadan with just one campaign. All donations till 5th May 2021 will be matched and not just doubled, but tripled. Donate now and double your donations.
The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “Whoever gives Iftaar to one who is fasting will have a reward like his, without that detracting from the reward of the fasting person in the slightest.” [Tirmidhi] After hearing this Abdullah Ibn Umar used to only break his fast with orphans and the poor and needy. Imagine, if you help feed ten fasting brothers and sisters. You would get the rewards for their fasting as well.
All beneficiaries are carefully vetted and verified by the team on the ground that is connected to the local community. This strict verification procedure makes sure that your donations reaches those who really need it this Ramadan.
GS and Yayasan al-Tarmidhi Aid Distribution in Numbers
Looking at the need on the ground, Yayasan al-Tarmidhi increased the scope of the program and helped more beneficiaries in additional countries as well.
Malaysia: 300 beneficiaries
Syria: 350 beneficiaries
Palestine: 350 beneficiaries
Yemen: 1600 beneficiaries
South Africa: 300 beneficiaries
Myanmar: 300 beneficiaries
India: 300 beneficiaries
Senegal: 350 beneficiaries
Philippines: 270 beneficiaries
Cambodia: 100 beneficiaries
Namibia: 250 beneficiaries
Bosnia: 150 beneficiaries
Pakistan: 200 beneficiaries
Yayasan Al-Tarmidhi incorporated on 10 December 2012 under the Companies Act 1965. The foundation is headquartered in Petaling Jaya, Selangor. YAT has to this day carried out a number of initiatives domestically and abroad, involving; the sponsorship of students’ education, contribution to educational and religious institutions, contribution to underprivileged communities, sponsorship of education or religious programs and events.